Saturday, February 2, 2008

I PUT MYSELF AT THE GAP

There were two girls, one Christian (believer) the other wasn’t. There were on their way to college in a car where there was a seat for only one passage. The believer tells her companion, “Let’s go Jesus is with us leading the way.” The non-believer tells her friend, “no friend, I am the one driving and besides Jesus doesn’t fit, remember that you are occupying the only passenger seat.” The believer looks at her friend with concern and starts to pray mentally so that the friend doesn’t hear her nor notices, seeing that her thoughts were in another place distant from those of her friend. She prayed like this, “Lord forgive my friend because she doesn’t know what she says and does. Lead us safe and sound to our destination, take care of my friend and I. Lord I put myself at the gap for my friend and I pray for her repentance and the salvation of her soul.”

The girls continued talking and even joking a little about the exams that they were going to take that day. All of a sudden a truck cut them off, the driver lost control and the car fell off a cliff and was unrecognizable. With cuts and bruises and lots of pain in her body the driver survived but the believer died. At the hospital, unconscious the girl that was driving had a vision. She saw herself driving to the college, watching the same scene when she entered the car but instead of her friend it was Jesus who was seated. She remembered the words of her friend when she said, “Let’s go Jesus is with us leading the way,” and her response, “friend I am the one who is driving remember Jesus doesn’t fit as you are seated in the only passenger seat.” She began to cry and ask Jesus to forgive her and she repented because she recognized that she had spoken things that were offensive to God and said, “Forgive me Jesus and save me, together with my friend I will serve you.” Jesus then responded, “This is exactly what you friend pleaded and prayed for without you hearing. Lord, forgive her because she doesn’t know what she’s saying or doing and guide us safe and sound to our destination and take care of my friend and I. Lord I put myself on the gap for my friend and I plead for her repentance and salvation of her soul.” The girl came to and upon asking for her friend she was told that she died. She cried bitterly and continuing to feel guilty for the death of her friend, Jesus spoke to her in a dream. “Your friend is with me, because there was no extra seat (like you said) and I took her in my arms and occupied her seat. From now on, I will sit there and I will guide you safely to your destination. You decide.”

God is a God of second chances. You have to make the most of them while there is life. God speaks to your life now.

Ezekiel 22:30 " I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found none. (NIV)

Given to Maria Natal by Lord Jesus Christ
Translated by Marycelis

Translated from: http://thelordspeaks.blogspot.com/2008/01/me-pongo-la-brecha-i-stand-in-gap.html

No comments: